Foundation is one of my number 1 makeup loves! I love trying different ones and because of that, I have found quite a few that I’m fond of. Sometimes it can be a little tricky to figure out what foundation will hold up in the hot weather and manage to still feel good on the skin. Check out my top foundation picks for the summer! For reference, my skin is pretty normal these days with most of my oil being in my t-zone.
- Lancôme Nude Miracle -shade 450 Suede N- (review HERE): I think this one may be my favorite out of the bunch. It is lightweight, long wearing, and gives a natural finish while still offering medium coverage. Not to mention, there is a decent shade range of 14 shades. Also, I don’t have to set this one since it dries down to an almost powder like finish. Best of all, this foundation is transfer resistant and feels like I’m wearing nothing on my skin!
- Dior Nude Air -shade 050 Dark Beige- (review HERE): This one is very similar to the Lancôme foundation in that it is lightweight, long wearing, and has a natural skin like finish. I do find however, that this one offers a bit more coverage. The only downfall of this foundation is the minimal shade range.
- NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint -shade Malaga- : This “skin tint” is a bit different than one would expect based on the name. I expected this to be a tinted moisturizer/BB cream type of product based on the name and the fact that this has an SPF of 30. Much to my surprise, this provides medium to full coverage while still offering a lightweight feel. As the name suggests, it has a matte finish, but it is not a flat matte but more of a semi matte. I like this one for vacation because it has some SPF and can be used for lighter or fuller coverage depending on the occasion.
- Make Up Forever Face & Body -shade 12- (review HERE): So this one is really more of an honorable mention because it is no longer available for sale in the US. I had to include it though, because it is one of my absolute favorite foundations and I have been using it a lot this summer. This one feels very light on the skin and gives the most beautiful light coverage. It literally just looks like your skin. I really like this for days when I need to run errands or will be outside and I want to look really fresh. Although this foundation is being discontinued, there is a new version that was just released (Water Blend Foundation) that I plan on trying.
- MAC Face & Body -shade N7- (review HERE): This foundation is one that every time I wear it, I get compliments on my skin. Not, my makeup, but my skin! That automatically bumps it up into the love category. This foundation is lightweight and long wearing and it provides a dewy finish. I usually lightly set this one with a powder so that I keep that healthy glow. The coverage of this one is sheer to light.
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation -shade NC45- : Talk about a throwback fave! I used to wear this (and only this) before I really got into makeup. I eventually stopped wearing it when my skin got drier, but now that my skin is more normal to oily, this works again for me. It gives a natural looking finish with surprisingly good coverage. I love using this one on the go or if I’m in a rush! Not to mention, it lasts pretty much all day and I can touch it up without getting too cakey! (Side note, I usually use some sort of makeup spray when I apply most powders which helps them look more natural!)
What are your go-to foundations for the summer?
*some links may be affiliate links, see full Disclosure Policy HERE