It’s time for my monthly favorite beauty products! Last year I was giving you a little blurb about each product mentioned in the video here on the blog so that you don’t have to watch the video if you don’t want, but lately I had gotten away from that. This month, I’ll try doing it that way again. As always, if you want more information or want to see swatches, make sure you watch the video. Let me know which way you prefer!
- Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter: This is my go-to product for twist-outs. It gives my hair lasting moisture and hold. I’m usually able to make my twist-outs last 5+ days using this product!
- Neutrogena Hydroboost Gel-Cream for Extra Dry Skin: I purchased this to see how it compared to my favorite moisturizer, the Clinique Moisture Surge. This one is not exactly the same, but it is similar. It feels really lightweight and sinks into the skin easily, but really hydrates the skin. So far, this is my favorite drugstore moisturizer!
- Essie Nail Polish in Boxer Shorts: This is a pretty periwinkle blue that stays shiny and lasts a decently long time. This is the nail polish I was wearing during the delivery of my son, so that makes it an automatic favorite!
- Dior Diorskin Nude Air Serum Foundation in 050: This foundation is so lightweight on the skin but still provides light to medium coverage. It makes my skin look healthy and not overly made up. Love!!!
- MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NC45: This concealer is great to mix with more sheer foundations to give better coverage. This month, I was all about super easy, natural makeup so I used this in combination with the next 2 products that made my favorites.
- Make Up For Ever Face & Body Foundation in 12: This is a sheer foundation that is great for those good skin days. I mix this with the Prolongwear Concealer for a little more coverage and they work well together.
- Iman BB Creme in Clay Medium: This BB Cream gives a nice sheer coverage. The way that I’ve been using it lately is to just apply after cleansing my face instead of using a moisturizer. I then apply the Prolongwear Concealer underneath my eyes and on my cheeks (where I tend to want more coverage) and the combo gives me that fresh young look.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Blushed Copper: This is the newest addition to the really popular shimmering skin perfector line up from Becca. This particular one is a little different from the other shades available because it is dark enough to be used as a blush instead of just a highlight. The shade is a very pretty rosy copper color.
- ColourPop Super Shock Cheeks in Quarters: The ColourPop blushes have a mousse-like texture that go on creamy, but finish almost like a powder. Although they finish similar to a powder products, they still give that lit from within look that cream blushes are popular for. Quarters is a beautiful muted coral that looks very natural on my skin tone.
- Make Up For Ever HD Blush in 425: The Make Up For Ever HD Blushes are my favorite cream blush formula, hands down! They go on so smooth and blend out very easily. Not to mention, they last all day and come in lots of different shades. My favorite shade is 425 which is a rust colored blush that I have been using nonstop this month.
- YSL Gloss Volupte in 204 Corail Trapeze: The YSL Gloss Volupte is a non-sticky, very comfortable gloss. This shade is sheer, but still provides a bit of a coral tint. With my minimal makeup this month, I have reached for this gloss quite a bit.
- Chanel Le Volume De Chanel Mascara: I love how dark and defined this mascara makes my lashes. It gives length in volume in one coat. I’m not sure that it is worth the high price tag of $32, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it since I’ve been using it.
Those were my favorite beauty products for the last month. What products stole your heart this month?